The bio Bergamot of Reggio Calabria is a powerful natural medicine, deserving a place among functional foods, or foods that are beneficial to health.
International scientific studies have shown that the bergamot:
- contributes to the reduction of LDL cholesterol and increases HDL cholesterol, the so-called good one, preventing cardiovascular diseases such as stroke, arteriosclerosis and heart attack;
- has a restorative effective against bone disorders caused by impaired absorption of calcium, disorders of dentition, collagen diseases, muscular asthenia or neuromuscular hyperexcitability, anemias due to reduced iron absorption, hepatobiliary and congestion in various diseases characterized by impaired vascular permeability;
- prevents the formation of free radicals. The flavonoids in bergamot juice increase the activity of some enzymes with antioxidant action, by limiting the production of free radicals in the vascular wall and improving the endothelial production of nitric oxide;
- has deodorant, antibiotic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, sedative, analgesic, antidepressant, disinfectant, febrifuge, healing properties;
- improves the welfare of the respiratory tract.